When installing Foam monitors, ensure the following –
- Height of the monitor is not more than 3 m from grade level (for monitors where induction occurs at the monitor nozzle i.e. using pick up tube or hose).
- The mounting arrangement is suitable to the back thrust from the monitor.
- Ensure that the mating flange of the hydrant post is matching to the valve inlet flange.
- Use approved gasket between flanges, and good quality nuts/ bolts.
- Ensure that full rotation of the monitor is possible, and the height of the monitor handwheels is at proper height for operator use.