When installing hydrant valves, ensure the following –
- Ensure that the mating flange of the hydrant post is matching to the valve inlet flange.
- Orientation of hydrant valve outlet should be as per standard practices and should allow easy connection of hoses.
- Use approved gasket between flanges, and good quality nuts/ bolts
- Ensure minimum height of 750 mm from grade level.
- Ensure that the hydrant valve rated working pressure is matching to the hydrant system line pressure. If hydrant system pressure is higher, ensure that the hydrant valves are rated for a higher pressure, which matches system pressure.
- If Orifice plates are required to be used, ensure that these are of standard size, and provided by the original supplier. Installation of orifice plates should be as per standard practices.